Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Quick Chili (Vegan option)

Too Starvin' for tunes
 
Today was one of those days where I was thinking about food on my way home from work...thinking about food at gym and by the time I walked in door, I needed food so quickly that even the kitty food smelled good... I may be losing it!! Fortunately I had four key ingredients to make this yummy, easy, filling chili..and it took less then ten minutes...no need to eat cat food...always a plus!


One bag of Boca Crumbles
One can of diced Ro-tel tomatoes (I used can with chili peppers added)
One can of Chili Beans(drained)
One can of Black Beans  (drained)
two can fulls of water
Diced Onions
Shredded cheese (optional)

If I weren't so ravenous, I would have added cabbage, celery, kale, fresh zucchini and purple onion..however..needed... food in...my...belly.....fast. Add all of the fixin's til' your hearts content.

For those of you that don't have picky eaters in your household, simply cook in pan and serve with chopped onions on top or a spoonful of shredded cheese or tortillas. Benny is not a fan of whole beans, so I poured everything in a blender and its magical...no one will ever know what you snuck in.
...to avoid the lovely brown color, add more tomato's or use white beans instead of chili and black : )

Enjoy!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment