Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Jalapeno Poppers

 I Need a Dollar-Aloe Blacc

This is one of my favorite appetizers to make...actually favorite to eat. The jalapeno's can be a lil' bit tricky to get every seed out. This particular batch I left some seeds in to add some spice, however they were so spicy that I immediately gave myself the hiccups and my sister had a hot mouth for the rest of the evening. Soooo..with that being said. If you don't like kick.....LEAVE NO SEEDS untouched! Otherwise...leave a few and Enjoy!
If you are not a fan of jalapenos you can make this recipe using your favorite pepper or cherry tomato's.

One package of Neufchatel cream cheese (I bought 1/3 less fat)
9 large Jalapenos
1/4 cup of finely chopped white onion
1/3 cup of cheddar cheese
3 chopped garlic cloves
Salt and Pepper
Something crunchy for on top
(I used jalapeno crumbles that you would put on a salad, which could be why they were extra, extra spicy, you can use bread crumbs or potato chips as well)

Turn oven on to 375. In a bowl add cream cheese, its easier to work with if it is room temperature. You can set out on oven while you go to work on the jalapenos. Cut top of each jalapeno off and then cut length wise. Use a knife to remove all seeds from each side and rinse. Lay on paper towel to dry.
Take your cream cheese and add chopped white onion, cheddar cheese, chopped garlic cloves, 5ish grinds of black pepper and mix well.  Add this mixture to your dry jalapenos, sprinkle salt on top and add your favorite crunchy item.
Bake for 15 minutes.
I like to turn up the heat to 475 the last couple of minutes to get an extra crispy top.

ENJOY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment