Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Artichoke Mushroom sandwich

Stevie Wonder-Higher Ground

I am not usually one to make sandwiches, however I had all of the right fixin's to make a grilled cheese and thought I should add a little extra. I would recommend instead of regular shredded mozzarella to try Goat cheese, feta, Swiss or something with a little more of a salty bite. This recipe makes two large sandwiches.

One tablespoon of soy butter
Olive oil spray
1 1/2 Cup of sliced mushrooms
8 artichoke hearts (I used canned)
Na Soya firm tofu
1/4 cup of diced purple onion
Fresh basil or Basil paste (I used Gourmet Garden Paste)
Salt
1 cup of shredded mozzarella
4 kale leaves
Ground black pepper
Garlic powder
Your favorite bread
(For my bread I used The Original SeedySalt Bread, locally it can be found at the farmers market or health food store, but you can visit their website at www.kismetfarmbakery.com)

Melt the butter in a skillet, add mushrooms, onions and artichoke. Add a few grounds of pepper and sprinkle with salt. Add a tablespoon of garlic powder. While this is sautéing, I used a separate skillet for my tofu. I cut the tofu into four slices (less then 1/2 inch thick), spray both sides of tofu with olive oil spray or use soy butter here as well and lightly rub basil paste on each piece (if you are using fresh basil skip this step), sauté on medium, flip after 5 minutes (you can see below I cooked mine a little crispy) Cut bread, put fresh basil or basil paste on bread and sprinkle with your choice of cheese, bake on low temp while other items are sautéing. When cheese is melted on bread, take kale pieces and lightly spray with olive oil and place on bread for two more minutes. Take out of oven and place two pieces of tofu on each slice of bread. Pile mushrooms and artichoke on top with a little sprinkle of salt.
ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment