Sunday, March 9, 2014

Potato Rice Veggie Soup

John Denver Radio

I love making crock pot soups, super easy and you can walk into dinner cooking itself after a long day of driving back and forth in this winter overload.

1/2 cup of brown rice
4 chopped green onions
6 sliced baby potato's
1 cup of cauliflower
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
salt or soy sauce
4 stalks of celery
olive oil
Veggie broth
handful of fresh spinach or kale

In a small crock pot, add all ingredients minus the kale/spinach. If you are using Veggie Broth follow the directions on the box. If you choose to use water, I add two or three tablespoons of soy sauce to the water and a tablespoon of olive oil. Add everything to crock pot and turn on low, depending on when you will be eating. I cooked on low for 6 hours and it was perfect, if you choose to use a regular sauce pan, cook the rice first and then add to other ingredients. I save the kale and spinach and put at bottom of bowl, right before I add the soup. It doesn't get the slimy overcooked texture this way. Sprinkle a little parmesan and fresh pepper. As I have said before I am not a bread fan, however my mom introduced me to this amazing bread she found at the farmers market. It is made by Kismet Farm Bakery and is phenomenal! The Original SeedySalt Bread, locally it can be found at the farmers market or health food store, but you can visit their website at www.kismetfarmbakery.com


Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment