Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mushroom/Tofu Puff Pastry

90'S Alternative Radio

I love this dish, one of my new loves are mushrooms, really...I was a total mushroom snob, would send food back at restaurants, pick them off of pizza, refuse to eat my moms delicious quiche if there were any snuck in...now I can't get enough, maybe my taste buds grew up when I turned 29...so excited they did!!...I probably could have eaten all six puff pastries, but I limited myself with only two. I did cheat and use Pre-made Organic Soup, next time I will try making my own broth.

1/4 cup of chopped firm tofu
12 oz. of Pacific Cream of Mushroom Condensed Organic Soup
5 White mushrooms
Puff pastry shells (in freezer section, next to pie shells, come in a box of six)
1 tablespoon of Earth Balance garlic and herb "butter"
1 small zucchini
3 green onions
Garlic powder
Salt
Black pepper

Pre-heat oven following directions on back of puff-pastry box, warm up skillet with "butter", chop up mushrooms, zucchini and tofu. Add to pan. Sautee mix on low, until tofu is texture you like (I like my tofu a little crispy), Add the soup ( I used soy-milk instead of water to mix, 1 to 1 ratio), continue to cook on low, until soup is warm. Dice green onions. Sprinkle salt and fresh pepper on top. Add a few shakes of garlic. When puff-pastry's are done, fill each one with mixture, I used the "tops" of pastry as a lid for each individual shell. MMMMMmmmmm good!

Enjoy!!






 

2 comments:

  1. Will you make this for me next week to chase away my winter blues?puh,puh,puh,please!

    ReplyDelete